Politics - News Analysis

Nicolle Wallace Breaks Down NYT’s Bombshell: Trump Campaign Knew It Was Lying All Along

Once again, Nicolle Wallace demonstrated why she is this site’s most trusted and favorite television analyst on the air during daylight hours. On Tuesday afternoon, Wallace took the NYT’s newest bombshell and broke down why this is devastating news for Trump and everyone involved in any way promoting the “Dominion” conspiracy, which was the only real conspiracy to be had.

As everyone knows, Dominion is suing networks, individuals, lawyers, and likely, eventually Donald Trump himself, for libel. As part of the suit, Dominion must prove that the defendants knew that their claims were not true. Tuesday, the NYT obtained documents that near establish that the campaign knew it was all untrue all along.

From the New York Times:

Two weeks after the 2020 election, a team of lawyers closely allied with Donald J. Trump held a widely watched news conference at the Republican Party’s headquarters in Washington. At the event, they laid out a bizarre conspiracy theory claiming that a voting machine company had worked with an election software firm, the financier George Soros and Venezuela to steal the presidential contest from Mr. Trump.

By the time the news conference occurred on Nov. 19, Mr. Trump’s campaign had already prepared an internal memo on many of the outlandish claims about the company, Dominion Voting Systems, and the separate software company, Smartmatic. The memo had determined that those allegations were untrue.

And now Wallace, doing what she does, summarize, simply, and emphasize the critical nature:

“That’s about as clear and unequivocal as it can get,” Wallace said. “That members of the Trump campaign knew there was no evidence to support the conspiracy theories Trump and his allies were very publicly spouting — and it’s all in writing.”

Was the crisis in Afghanistan surrounding the pull out of American Troops Biden's fault or Trump's fault?

By completing the poll, you agree to receive emails from PoliticalFlare.com, occasional offers from our partners and that you've read and agree to our privacy policy and legal statement.

Back to the New York Times report:

The court papers, which were initially filed late last week as a motion in a defamation lawsuit brought against the campaign and others by a former Dominion employee, Eric Coomer, contain evidence that officials in the Trump campaign were aware early on that many of the claims against the companies were baseless.

Wallace’s guest emphasized the importance to the lawsuit and Trump’s campaign individually:

Wallace interviewed Michael Steel, a spokesperson for Dominion, who said the report showed that “these claims that the president’s supporters were making were not knowingly false, they were easily knowingly false.”

Lawsuits this cut and dry tend to get settled post-haste. Part of that settlement will almost surely include a sworn statement admitting that the entire “group” knew they were simply making sh*t up at Dominion’s expense. Such admission, if in the form of a sworn signed statement by Donald Trump, would have a fascinating impact on whether the MAGAs still fervently believe that Trump won the election. Watch:

****
[email protected] and on Twitter @JasonMiciak

meet the author

Jason Miciak is a political writer, features writer, author, and attorney. He is originally from Canada but grew up in the Pacific Northwest. He now enjoys life as a single dad, writing from the beaches of the Gulf Coast, getting advice from his beloved daughter and teammate. He is very much the dreamy mystic that cannot add and loves dogs more than most people. He also likes studying cooking, theoretical physics, cosmology, and quantum mechanics. He likes pizza.

Comments

COMMENT POLICY: We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, hard-core profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment!